The New Year is in full swing and it’s already almost February! It’s healthy to keep moving forward towards the best version of yourself. Whether that’s aiming to lose 20lbs, break a past record, get better grades or just connect with family/friends more often. It boosts confidence, morale, and is just flat out healthy for your body, mind, and soul.
We’ve all have been there… It’s a new year, this is the year I will eat healthier, exercise more, be more mindful, etcetera. Yet four out of five people who make New Year’s resolutions will eventually break them and won’t even make it to February. Are your aspirations for this year whittling away? If so, rekindle those flames and set yourself up for success! Here are some go to’s to help you achieve your goals.
Steps to help you succeed
- Plan, Plan, and Plan! Create a weekly schedule to follow. If you don’t, you’re more likely to skip out on things. Simplicity is key especially when you’re developing new habits.
- Be realistic and honest. Start out small and gradually increase tasks. It’s just not practical to run a marathon when you haven’t jogged around the block in months. It’s way easier to meet goals when you’ve had some success. So set mini goals to reach your big goals. As a result this will help you attain your goals and help avoid failure.
- Be adaptable. Life loves to throw a good curve ball here and there so expect set-backs and have a backup plan or alternate options.
- Have a “Why”. Have a clear vision of why you are doing what you’re doing. It’ll give you a strong sense of purpose and a drive to help you stay motivated when things get tough.
- Be Consistent! Forming new habits takes time and perseverance. Right when you want to give up is when you need to dig deep and simply just do it. Being disciplined is the nitty gritty dirty work that’ll get the job done.
Let’s make this the best year yet! Setting a goal is easy. Achieving said goal can be hard work, let’s face it.. head on! Apply yourself and take action. Be diligent and remember you don’t have to be extreme just consistent. Live life healthy, well, and wise! We are here to cheer you on every step of the way!